Mason Elementary is rich in history. The original school building was built in 1902 and was located on Mason School Road (about ½ mile from where we are now). A fire destroyed this original building, and the new building was constructed at our current site in 1941. The original Mason school bell was restored and is housed in our building today. It is a tradition for this bell to be rung on the first and last day of each school year, signifying the beginning and ending of school. Since 1941, our small school has undergone a number of renovations and additions. Most recently, we added four new classrooms, expanded our kitchen and cafeteria and remodeled our front office. Mason Elementary has been known in the past as a lake-community school, with many generations of Lake Lotawana residents passing through its doors. Although the Mason Elementary School attendance area is large and has expanded to include many new neigborhoods, we have managed to maintain the small-town community-school feel at Mason.
|School Colors||Royal Blue, Yellow and Black|